Re: Looking for Electric Drummers

David Kirkdorffer wrote:

> Well - maybe in a drumming world "real-time sequencing" is much like
> "looping."  I guess I'm wondering if any drummers/percussionists are on
>the
> list who can layer their drums in real-time, somehow?

If I understand correctly, the often-mentioned boxes
with 2 memory positions of 7 sec memory that loop such
as zoom and echoplex etc seem like they would work well.
I guess I will try a zoom to loop live drums.

1) I use a simple keyboard midi sequencer that has 2
measure loop recording. I start the performance with all
memory positions blank and the sequencer recording 2
measure patterns in repeat mode. Any simple drum machine
would work or a pattern midi sequencer.

2) The drums have mics to trigger the drum module. The
midi events are sent to the sequencer and played back to
any or all drum and bass modules or of course you can
use a keyboard to build the patterns.

The whole thing often has me spinning back and forth on
drum throne and twisting to hit something-not so good
for the neck.