Re: Momentary Mute Pedal (not loop related)

Jesse Kudler wrote:
> Does anyone know if such a pedal exists?  I'm looking for something that
> will mute the sound only when stepped on, so I can quickly cut sounds out
or
> bring them in.  I know ProCo makes the Cough Drop, which does what I
> want, but it's meant for microphones and takes XLR ins and outs, which
>I'd
> rather not get into.
> If there's no factory pedal, does anyone know anyone who can do custom
> pedals that will prove reliable?  And for a reasonable price?
> Thanks,  Jesse

I have an old DOD "Swell" pedal (no puns, please,) which is/was their
version of the old Boss "Slow Gear" pedal. It does what you say. Actually,
it will fade in slowly after you release the pedal, but you can set the
rate
pretty high so it is almost instantaneous.

I found this pedal in a clearance box at a local music store, so I'm not
sure how hard it will be for you to find one. Probably even less useful
advice: the Boss SE-70 rack fx unit has a "Slow Gear" patch. Don't know if
its successor, the new VF-1, does or not, though.

-- Mango --