RE: Momentary Mute Pedal (not loop related)

How about an A/B switch - where only one side is patched to anything?

dk

-----Original Message-----
From: kevin miller [mailto:km15@cornell.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 1999 10:34 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com
Subject: Re: Momentary Mute Pedal (not loop related)

At 09:46 PM 10/05/1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone know if such a pedal exists?  I'm looking for something that
>will mute the sound only when stepped on, so I can quickly cut sounds out
or
>bring them in.  I know ProCo makes the Cough Drop, which does what I want,
>but it's meant for microphones and takes XLR ins and outs, which I'd
>rather
>not get into.
>If there's no factory pedal, does anyone know anyone who can do custom
>pedals that will prove reliable?  And for a reasonable price?
>
>Thanks,
>Jesse

       If it was me, I suppose I'd take one of my stompboxes (ideally one
with true bypass) and set the gain or volume to zero- when the box was
"on", there'd be no signal, when "off", the (true bypassed) signal. Of
course, if you need all your pedals all the time, then you'd have to look
at other options (which I'm sure exist out there).

       Kevin