Re: JFK's LSD UFO

The Pi Lam show was not billed as a loop show or anything in particular
which was why there was probably not a large number of people present -
also  combined with the weather which was kinda miserable...

I throw in loops here and there but the music Bon Matin plays does not
have much room for wide open textures. but as a loop lovin geetar player i
always try to slip extreme sorts textures in the mix when theres a chance.
often times its either arpeggiated gr-30 patches looped thru the gt-3 or
samples of gr-30 improvs or other homemade sounds i get tweaked out of
ACID then sampled back into the sp202.

the crowd that was at the Story show on The 9th tends to be either
appalled & or taken aback by temple of Bon Matin or they totally love it.
And its a love it or hate it kinda thing with bon matin because we are
typically very ... very unlooper like & visceral...full of noise, covert
sarcasm and nowhere near polished in most areas with reverence for only
that which is loud ; moreover we are a train wreck that is often heavy and
hard & sloppy by both intent and design. In other words its modern rock n
roll but not like u expect it to be.

also Bon Matin is really the brainchild of Ed Wilcox and I just play
guitar and gig and instigate in Bon matin.

this is also like the bazillionth incarnation of Temple of Bon Matin and
for all of us involved its another branch of what we refer to as "the Army
of Mars" which flows thru bon matin and AKASH

AKASH is a group with both me and Ed playing with Kali Morgan on Vocals,
Nudity and Authority ) which is a lot more melodic, subtle and loop
oriented but jazzy and more refined and song/texture/visually focused with
a lot of pronographic spoken word, humor, nudity, bondage - sex - sleaze
porno imagery thrown in behind it.

I always say we like to play new jazz standards and that the whole thing
is one big caberet of what is desirable.

in akash, we are not gimicky ( but im certain many people love to think
that we are )Akash is beginning to find that an audience can go a lot of
places with adventurous music they wouldnt normally listen to especialluy
when the context of loop music is uprooted from its usual locations and
environments and its a true journey and dialog u get going.

the hardcore sex dialog & imagery are a stark conrtrast to music which
seems very tranquil, spritual and melodic but theres a lot of subtley
being thrown out to the point where its just as loud psycholigically as
say bon matin is a physical train wreck.

AKASH plays adult book stroes in Center city Philly and Manhatten...no
joke...and we get a decent mix of men women and mostly couples aged 25-40
who turn out for our shows...our website is in perpetual progress but we
are linking to the fetishesboutique web site ( our singer Kali Morgan is
the owner of the sexshop ) and we expect that we will get more hits on the
fetishes site than we would going the usual "we are musicians with a web
page route" and we could possibly have a greater audience and more control
and input into how we present ourselves and directly build our own
momentum based on the business that is being done on that site as it
stands now.

Different topic

Also my jamman went bye bye and just died on me 2 weeks ago...never liked
its as much as my zoom 508 pedal ...go figure...so im not going to replace
it. but i am Looking for a new loop tool.

Ive been doing fake loops from my gt-3 and get by well so far but i'm
seriously considering the line 6 DL4 whenever they are shipping or perhaps
a headrush

the guys at 8th street music here in philly warn me to steer clear of the
plex because they were all returned defective when they sold em and they
continue to say that they are out of production. but i have still not had
a chance to see and hear one for myself and have never played with one. No
one in Philly has them or knows about them - new or used any clues on a
plex in Philly anybody ?

Regards,
JP