Re: Two looping questions from a neophyte

hey, paul:
> > Is there a way to continuously loop from one delay to another? I loop
>on
> > a Boomerang,and then sample a segment of that loop with a Headrush.
>After
> >
> > overdubbing on top of that segment  I want to be able send it back to
>be
> > overdubbed on the boomerang, then grab another segment with the
>Headrush,
> > and so on. Without
> > using two A/B boxes is there anyway to do this?
i regularly do this kinda exchange between a pcm42 & an edp, though its a
bit kludgey & requires the use of hands; also, a slightly modified rane
sm82 mixer is involved in the process:
the edp & pcm42 are fed by (pre-fader) effects-sends, so when i wanna
share/modify material tween the 2 devices, i merely turn up the
appropriate send to the target-unit.

> > Neither of my delays is tunable. What is the best way to be able to
> > speed up or slow down a loop? Perhaps a pitch shifter after the delays?
actually, those're 2 separate questions, methinks:
1) ifya wanna *re-tune* yer loop, any (probably polyphonically capable)
pitch-shifter will do, though: they all sound different.
2) ifya wanna *speed-up/slow-down* yer loops (in 'real-time', or
approximately), ya may hafta git yerself either some kinda modulateable
delay, or a realtime-sampler (like jhno's Looper1.5, for MACintosh,
web-available);
also, software like arboretum systems' HyperEngine has a wonderful
'real-time' 'vari-speed' function. (see also NI Reaktor, for MAC/PC).

but:
a Q: fer y'all:
anybody have other paths to these particular ends? more
practical/economical?
best regards,
dt