Re: vibrato tremolo

Yeah, I just bought a vibrator myself last week. I haven't busted it out
and
used it yet, is it any good? I've never heard of the Rocktek brand before
seeing it but at the time I thought $50 was too good of a price.

Here's a thing to remember about vibrato/tremolo and which is which:

  The "whammy bar" on a guitar is also known as a Tremolo Bar. That's the
official name for it. That's also a bold faced lie. The tremolo bar allows
us do the same things that a vibrato pedal does. This has caused me much
confusion and I'm not even sure I know anything anymore.

   If something was vibrating (very violently)in relationship to you,
there
would be some sort of a doppler effect that would make the pitch waver
very
slighty. I think that's what a vibrato effect is supposed to simulate.

   If you were very frightened, and were trembling in a corner, your voice
would probably waver in volume. Get it? Tremolo!

Mr. Tough