hello

hello,

I am a guitarist in the austin area looking for other musicians to jam /
write
/ record / perform with.  I and a drummer currently rent lockout space in
south austin.  we are playing loud hardcore / heavy music in the godsmack /
static x / voivod / neurosis / white zombie vein.  we are looking for a
couple
more musicians (vocalist, bass player, sampler/keyboardist, 2nd guitarist,
etc.) to complete our band.

I have decent equipment (jackson & strat, roland vg8ex, digitech rp7,
fender
rock pro stack, and a boomerang pedal).  we also have an 8-track hard disk
recorder & a loaded computer (500 mhz, 384 megs ram, ACID Pro, Cakewalk
Pro,
et. al.) for recording & sampling.  we have a DAT for final mixdowns & live
playback.  I design & program web sites for money and will be providing a
pro
web site for us as soon as we get our sound / image together.

this site was recommended to me by someone at a local music store whom I
was
asking about devices for looping guitar samples via MIDI.  he recommended
this
list and the echoplex digital pro to me.  I understand they're not on the
market right now but as soon as they become available I am interested in
purchasing two of them and a MIDI sequencer.

since I'm doing music just about full-time right now, I am available to
rehearse pretty-much 24/7.  If you like heavy music and are interested in
coming and auditioning / jamming / hanging out with us some time, let me
know.
our short-term goal is to have a back-room-ready set in the next six
months.
we are writing original material right now but welcome new input.