RE: Elixir Strings

I find them INITIALLY not as bright as "regular" strings.  Then, with
regular strings you quickly go through the "break-in period" where the
initial high brightness wears off and you begin a useful period of "normal"
string sound.  This period (2) starts off being "quite bright", then goes
through normal period, but eventually reaches a dullness and unwillingness
to tune which is not tolerable.  These periods are all dependent on how
much
you sweat, instrument quality, etc.

With the Elixer strings, the initial brigtness is not quite as good as
regular strings.  However, there is this LONNNGG period where the Elixers
keep a brightness that is equal to regular strings when almost but not
quite
new ("quite bright").  When the brightness of Elixers reaches regular
string
brightness (normal period), you are tempted to throw them away, because you
have become spoiled by the long "quite bright" period!  This is the beauty
of these strings.  I haven't timed it, but I believe that they are actually
cheaper in the long run than regulars.  Now, I have this pile of bulk
strings that I will take forever to use because I am so spoiled!

I use them on both acoustic and electric, and am equally impressed with
both.  (The Sustainiac loves them, too.  heh heh)

Alan