Low action Foot Switches

>As sort of a followup to my question about muffling the noise of these big
>clunky switches (EH stuff, too), does anyone know of a quieter alternative
>that can be swapped in without too much modification? (i.e. supplier/part
>#
>or anything like that...) I have a feeling we're out of luck on this one,
>as the ideal thing would probably require the additional circuitry of
>electronic switching, but it's worth asking. Anyone?
>
>Tim
>
>At 02:19 AM 10/22/99 -0700, you wrote:
>... The unfortunate thing about the headrush is
>>it uses those big clunky switches that are difficult to tap with
>accuracy.
>>You have to stomp; it's much easier to be accurate with a light and
>relaxed
>>tap. With all the other foot activated loopers the designers seemed to
>have
>>thought of this point, and carefully selected switches that can easily be
>>tapped with rhythmic accuracy....

I never looked at headrush but we modified footswitches at PARADIS.
The important about acuracy is the short action of the switch. The contact
should be made as soon as you hit it. So we used keyboard style flat
membrane tiny switches. Since they are small, its easy to find a place for
them in a existing heavy foot pedal mechanism.
Then you have to limit the action of this existing mechanic to protect the
switch which is far to sensible to support a foot. Probably its enough to
glue some little piece of anything in the right spot of the mechanism (look
and think...;-).

Matthias

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org