Re: lexicon replies!

    replacing the 64k drams with 256k drams and adding an
>  additional ic component to the memory controller at U10.
>  to which someone at lexicon replied:
 >  You are not talking about a Vortex here
>  There is no memory upgrade for this unit
>  What you are reading is for the Jamman

>  a very curious response...

Yes, theres no U10 in the JamMan, but if your job is PR
and not technical you don't know that.

Lexicon PR is really quite helpful, sending out appliction notes and stuff,
and phoning  (UK) to answer questions scribbled on the warrantee card.

but yes, it's frustrating they don't answer the 'hard' questions.
....or give silly answers.

They wouldn't let me mail their designers directly, so all questions have
to go through the PR dept.

They say the 'guy who designed the Vortex' is no longer with them.
Probably the only one who knows the answer.

Andy Butler
Lexicon Vortex Database
http://members.aol.com/soundfnr/vortex.htm