RE: OT: begin of millennium.

>> Let's get back to business and finally sort out
>> the midi pgm 0-126 or 1-127 argument! I'm all for
>> 1-127 because 0 signifies nothing and we all know we store
>> our best user patch there. It just goes against the grain
>> philosophically and functionally. It's egregious and
>> offensive... Can't we all get along????

Hmmm, when I pump gas, the gauge starts on 0. If it didn't, I would be
paying $1 too much for my gas all the time. It also took you a whole year
turn 1 year old as a baby, so you were 0 years olds when you were born. I
wouldn't say that I was "nothing" when I was born.

The "real" millennium starts when we want it to. There is no scientific
methodology for justifying that the millennium starts on January 1, 2001.
It's just that we have a terrible system to keep track of time (like leap
years, leap days, and leap hours). Since there was no year 0000, most
people
say that we must start on empirical years like 2001. It's just loosely
based
nomenclature.

Just my .02