EDP guts questions

Hey Kim -

Opened my EDP last night to spray some Deoxit in my noisy input pot, and
while
pondering the inner workings again, the following questions welled up....

1) Is it possible for you to make the service manual available on the LD
site?
I enjoy and am competent to handle my own repairs, and like to have all the
service manuals I can get. Years down the road, they're very handy to have
around.

Also they make interesting reading. Which saves you the trouble of
answering
questions like these:

2) What is unused main board multi-pin connector P1 for?

3) What does jumper JP1 do?

4) What are the components at B1 and B2? Probably something obvious, but
I'm
not a hardware geek, just a software geek with a soldering station....

5) Where are the non-volatile params stored? Don't see a battery
anywhere....

6) Can you recommend a ribbon-cable socket that I could install for the
ribbons
between the main board and the two front panel boards?

Reason is, those soldered-in ribbon cables can't stand much handling and
are a
REAL pain if they break. A few years back, my EDP was in an accident that
smashed the Mix and Feedback pots. The tech (I was trying to save time by
letting someone else do it - a mistake), in getting everything out, flexed
the
ribbon cables and broke one off.

I then took the unit and fixed it, but lacking the proper ribbon-cable
stripper
it was a drag to strip each conducter.

Next time it's apart (for the gain mods) would really to install sockets
and
replace the ribbons for sort of like a SCSI ribbon cable setup - able to
withstand repeated removal, but unlikely to vibrate loose.

7) Is there ANY way of reconfiguring/rewiring the back-panel Overdub jack
perform Insert or Reverse? I really want Insert and Reverse both on
footswitches at the same time, and have never once in 5 years used the
back-panel Overdub jack. Foot controller have-nots enjoy it no doubt, but
for
the rest of us it's really crying out for a useful job to perform.

Thanks -
Bill Monk