Re: Line6 DL4 group buy - those pesky market forces

Everyone wants to get gear for the cheapest price, but let's be up-front
about it.  Allusions to the moral superiority of buying from 8th Street
Music over Guitar Center are pointless.  If Guitar Center undercut 8th
Street by $50, everyone would buy a DL-4 there.  If 8th Street was such a
wonderful place, they'd give everyone the best deal, not just the guys who
have dropped a lot of money there.  8th Street, like all independent music
stores, gives discounts where it thinks it will benefit them financially,
and doesn't give discounts under the same criteria.  And I'm sure that 8th
Street will appreciate you steering all this business to them.  Nudge,
nudge.

All things held equal, I'd buy from 8th Street (or somewhere just like it).
If GC or AMS offers a better deal, I'll buy from them.  People could
support
"independent" music stores in their own town, but what you're proposing is
that if 8th Street offers them a better price, don't support a store just
because it's independent, support it because it gives you the best deal.

TH