Line 6 Pod - OT KInda

howdy all -

i have a line 6 pod & find it to be unusably noisy in the clean
settings. not a treble/presence hiss as much as a midrange whoosh.

this is even with guitar/bass straight into pod, pod tip-ring-sleeve
balanced out straight into mic input of a 1604 vlz.

as i play clean most of the time i find this to be quite a little
bummer. the distortion settings are nice...

when the nice fella from tech support called me back, he made sure i had
the channel volume all the way up & treated me kinda like i was a big
dummy instead of the experienced guitar tech geek that i really am (he
was nice about it though).

anyone else have a problem with this or (better) a solution?

bobdog