Re: Tech help needed : EDP "Record Button" dead on f/s

>The "record button" on my EDP foot switch just died. ( The front panel
>buttons of my two EDP's all work - but I get no response from the f/s
>"record" button.

This button, since it is used most frequently, seems to fail before the
others.

First and foremost, read
http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/echopedals.html

>Are these "button-pods" available anywhere?

Exact replacements are available from Mouser or Jameco.  I can get you the
part
number if you like.  However, any momentary normally open pushbutton will
work.
When I built several EDP footswitches I preferred a different style for the
RECORD.  I choose a larger button from Radio Sh***.  I think it's easier
to see
and "feel" with my foot that way.

>This button-pod is the only one without a resistor - I was wondering if I
>could temporarily switch this "button-pod"  with the "Next Loop" one
>without
>screwing things up - i.e. having the dead one at the end of the chain?

I'd just fix what is broken rather that risk breaking what isn't.  Through
if
you HAD to you could short around the resistor temporarily.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck.  Hope this helps.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com