Re: RE: microsynth & Space Station & KAOS Pad

I recently bought the Korg Kaoss Pad for my setup and all I have to say is
wow! I use synths a lot and take advantage of the midi control this thing
allows. It goes for about $279.00 and is worth it. So far I haven't had
any
problems or glitches with it. I can see many uses for the effects that are
built in for loopers. Also it has a sampling feature that holds 5 seconds
of
sound at 48KHz. One prob. I have with it is that the programmed effects
can't
be altered. This is nothing though once you get your hands on it. Run a
skipping CD through it toss on some delay from the effects inside and use
your favorite sound processing filters afterwards and some interesting
sonic
wavescapes emerge. I brought this thing to work one day with a scratched
CD
and a portable CD player to show the guys. One guy couldn't put it down!
He
has never been interested in music he said but had to go out and buy one!
This is a very addictive controller. Even if you never buy one you should
at
least go ahead and play with it.
Sounding off,
Peter