Re: bit reduction & decimation

Cummings wrote:

> hello looper's
>
> can anybody suggest an external effect unit (i.e. not software) that
> does digital decimation and/or bit reduction?
>
> i like "crunching" beats this way ...
>
> thanks in advance,
> rob

i think i've come across digital decimation when i accidently fried the
chip in my old boss dd-2 delay ... i had a multi-voltage wall wart that
was servicing many appliances ... one day i left it on 12 volts instead
of 9 and fired up (literally it turns out) the dd2 ...

 anyway the pedal definitely didn't function as a delay any more ... at
first it would digitally "fuzz" out the signal very nicely (whether it
was "on" or "off") ... i kind of liked it :) ... then this fuzz got
thinner and thinner over about a month or so ... eventually i tossed it
and the wall wart ...

so my advice is to fry the proccessor in the digital pedal of your
choice -^..^-

brad