Re: microsynth/filters

In a message dated 1/14/0 6:17:27 PM, rich@nuvision.com writes:

>Everybody's experience and needs differ, i am sure

I am here to support this point 100%

> i must say i was
>completely disappointed with the EH Microsynths.

...and meanwhile I have been finding new, inspiring uses for the Micro for
6-7 years.
...bought a Bass MS reissue last year for even further variations.

>Also, the interface seemed >kindof unintuitive for me.  But, again,
>that's just me.

...and for me, it's the simplest approach to filtering I've found.
Somehow, I
just can't get other filter boxes to work satisfactorily... but people buy
them so they must work!

>On the other hand, i have been experimenting with the Electrix Filter
>Factory at the music stores.  A bit more expensive than the EH micros,
>(and a rackmount unit) but ZOWEE...I love the sounds.

...meanwhile, I gave it a few spins a few different times in the stores.
Each
time I looked at it I thought -this thing must be great - well, it is very
versatile, but somehow I couldn't get one inspiring (to me) sound out of
it!
A few painful ones, but maybe someday...

Point is:

I think filter effects are some of the trickiest of all. Get your hands on
as
many as you can try and go with the one that can makes you happy EASILY.
things,
but I can't just jam and go like I can on my trusty, crusty, Microsynth.
Good
Luck and don't compromise. Take no other advice except this!  Tee Hee.

eric p
echo park