Re: R: Sushi ...what about italian food?

<< tell me something more about using samplers as loopers. >>

Live, house lights dim, stage lights up and...I create a loop in the
Headrush
(single layer, multi-layer, whatever).  When I like it, I sample it.  It's
pretty crucial to hit it "right-on" time-wise.  Otherwise, I sample it
again,
the next time around.  All the while the loop is continuing to play to the
audience.  With my single headphone I check the sample to make certain
it's
acceptable.  Then I kill the llayers in the Headrush returning back to the
solo first loop, usually a rhythmic of some sort.  Add different layers to
it.  And when I like that, I sample it too.  At some point I improvise a
sort
of "bridge as I kill or silence the loop in the Akai completely.  Then hit
sample 1.  I can now make new loops and continue this process on ad
infinitum
et nauseum.  Bringing in the samples (of my live loops) as I need to.
    The sequences are merely templates for the time when several samples
have
been recorded.  I then let it (the sequencer) take over.  I lay down the
guitar, walk out to a table and join the people sitting there and order a
glass of beer (usually).  The sequencer (set at somewhere between 10 and
20
bpm) also has track 16 recorded strictly for control of the mixer.  This
means that when sample 1 is beginning a slow fade, sample 2 (et al.) are
slowly coming in.  Since the sequence is a template there's a great
randomness of patterns (loops).  Hope that makes some sense.  Easier to
show
than describe.
    hawkeye