RE: Looking to see Live Performers..

Well a good idea (and I play a lot of coffeehouse/bookstore/museum/gallery
shows) is to get a tape together. When I approach someone who may hire me,
always say my group plays 'guitar and flute music, with female vocals'. I
don't explain that I use looping, or guitar synth, or electric guitar (the
sound of all those things is what the tape is for).  I think people tend to
freak out if you say 'electronics', or 'ambient' or even 'new age' (I am
just talking with my experience, with my music). It is not really important
(to them) how you make the sounds-just that it won't scare people away.
Also, you don't have to play for nothing- choose the right venue (*very*
important) for your music- seek ones that regularly feature interesting
acts.

Dave Eichenberger- guitars/loops/devices
http://home1.gte.net/artmusic/dave