RE: Guitar synth..take it (or leave it ) for what it is

Hi Guys,

I don't purport to know anything about guitar synthesizers, but I thought
my
perspective might be of interest in regards to this thread. I am a
drummer/percussionist who has played traditional drum kit and percussion in
a variety of styles for over 25 years. Approximately two years ago I gave
up
these traditional instruments for a Zendrum. It has taken two years of
concerted effort to develop a viable technique for this new instrument. It
has been a very interesting process. I pretty much had to re-learn my chops
from the ground up - tapping on a Zendrum is nothing like cracking a
rimshot
with the butt of a 2B stick or stomping on a DW pedal.  Yet in giving this
up, I've gained access to a virtually infinite array of sounds and textures
and discovered looping in the process! And I must say that I've had a
helluva lot of fun in the process. For years digital drummers have been
screaming for a "rubber pad" drumkit that feels and sounds like "real"
drums. Somehow it seems like they're missing the point completely. These
are
new instruments with their own advantages and disadvantages. The magic lies
in taking full advantage and overcoming the obstacles...

Just my humble opinion...

Best regards,   Alan.
Alan Barnard
Digital Drummer/Percussionist