Re: Music in Spain

Hi Patrick,

I can also recommend Barcelona. I went during the Merce festival, and there
was music everywhere. The Ramblas that Mark mentioned is the main street of
the old town, and I saw some buskers near the top (north) end of that. One
was a guy called Carlos Vamos, playing electric guitar using two-handed
tapping, and using realtime loops. He did a pretty mean version of Little
Wing. (I bought up a CD - support the looping arts). He was taking turns
doing tunes with a guy whose name I didn't get, but he was doing looping
using a lute (!).

There's also an information system in the tourist office (near the central
metro station) where you can click on live music, and it'll display a list
of venues, complete with maps. Technology, eh?

John