echoplex to UK

hello there,
Has anyone on the list had an echoplex shipped from the US to the UK ? Did
you have to pay duty ? If so how much ? Did it work ?
I'm thinking of doing it, you see. After years waiting for whoever it is
who's supposed to get 'round to organising the distribution of Echoplex to
Europe I've run out of patience. I know from this list that several people
in France, Switz, Italy, Australia have managed to get hold of it this
way,
so why not ?

thanks

Art