Re: FYI: Mother Mallard's Mobius Tape Loop

A Mobius strip is made by taking a strip-- a ribbon or piece of tape for
example, twisting it one-half turn, and joining the ends. The half-twist
gives a Mobius strip its famous one-sidedness. But if you threaded this
through a tape recorder, the oxide surface would pass the heads only every
other pass. On alternate passes you would be attempting to play back the
backside of the tape, which might give you a muffled print-through-y kind
of sound but that is probably not what you meant.

I suspect they used a simple two-sided tape loop, not a true Mobius strip.