Re: "Loop" interacting with the rest of the music.

I think it is possible to create loops with a groove even if one's playing
isn't the most rhythmically together.  Unfortunately I think it becomes
more
luck than otherwise.  I have twisted loops around, creating new rhythms
that
would close to impossible to describe or recreate.  And on the other side,
I've played with musicians from all sorts of ability and genres that have
created grooves that fall completely out of their regular experience.

Still, sitting inside of a solid groove created by skilled musicians
listening and responding to one another goes far beyond almost anything
else
I've experienced.  I personally find that there is a rhythmic push and
pull
that happens, between even two musicians, that distinguishes  a nice
rhythm
from a GROOVE.  Or something like that.

Later!
Joe