Is it possible to sync Vortex to EDP?

I came across some Vortex info in the Analogue Heaven
archives that indicates that some of these folks were
able to operate the tap tempo function of the Vortex
from their sequencers and/or synths.

I've tried running the EDP's midi out to a midi/cv
converter & then connecting the converter's S-TRIG
out to the Vortex tap tempo jack. I then recorded a
3 second loop on the EDP in hopes that the midi
note message that the EDP sends at the start of the
loop would operate the tap tempo of the Vortex.
It did not.

Out of curiosity, I disconnected the midi cable
from the EDP & hooked it up to the midi out of a
keyboard. Guess what? Every key on the keyboard now
acted like the tap tempo foot switch of the Vortex!

I've verified that the EDP is sending midi by hooking
its midi out to the keyboard's midi in.

I just thought it would be nice to have the EDP
control the Vortex delay time as the EDP moved
from one short loop to another.

Can anyone fill in the blanks? It's really irritating
me that I can't figure this out.

Many thanks.

John

=====