Re: Negativland on tour...ENO and U2

Jprice01@AOL.com put forth:

> groups like the fall, killing joke and wire had more distinction to their
sounds in my ears. same can be said with early and i do mean the very early
demo album and 1st album from psychedelic furrs.

Ditto man!  I might say that, amongst the above Killing Joke was at one
point (gasp!) produced by Eno... :)  The Furs' first album - their best
IMNSHO - was partially produced by Steve Lillywhite (all but 4-5 songs)...

> Dont know if i am alone but i dont get the rush i used to get from rock n
roll anymore and it seems U2 like all other rock n roll bands which are
established and not quite ready for retirement ...well they are all trying
hard to define themselves in a context that is hardly left breathing
anymore.

I declared Rock n' Roll, as such, post-mortem in 1978 - then Punk came
along, and while it certainly injected a lot of life into the biz, well,
after all, wasn't it just as loud, with ruder lyrics?  Then again, what
about the MC5, eh? :)

> perhaps there may be more room for the loop musician ?

In chaos heroes are truly revealed.  Also, the rules are still in flux, if
existent at all.  Fun for all results.

> somehow I suspect that room is already on the turntables somewhere.

Phooey!  The only folks that'll tell you that can't play a musical
instrument.

Cheers,

Stephen Goodman       * The free Loop of the Week!
EarthLight Productions * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios