Re: edp rudimentary set up?

----- Original Message -----
From: <ENAT21213@aol.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2000 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: edp rudimentary set up?

> In a message dated 5/10/00 1:06:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> mcgary@metronet.com writes:
>
> > > can the edp be set up to record exactly the same amount of time
> >  > loop 1 would
> >  > have when jumping to loop 2 (automatically)
> >  > looking to set my edp up very rudimentary....like the jamman does
> >  > when you record from loop to loop possible?
> >
> >  Very possible.  I assume I am reading your question right.
> >  You can set it up so that when you are in loop 1, you can
> >  press the NextLoop button to go to loop 2.  I keep my setup
> >  so that it will wait until the next loop begin to go to
> >  loop 2 and automatically enter record mode.  The contents of
> >  loop one are dumped onto loop two and you choose (by pressing
> >  record or overdub) when to stop the loop...ending on an even
> >  multiple of the first loop.
> >
> i don't want the contents of loop one spilling over to loop two......i
just
> want to start an individual loop(loop 2) and have it automatically stop
>at
> the exact same time as loop 1 with one press of the next loop
> button.......like the jamman
> possible?
>
> sorry maybe i missed something but couldn't seem to find this information
in
> the loopers edp faq page
>
> thanks!!!!!!!!1
> brian
>Hey dude, I don't own an edp(yet) but I've been studying the 50 someodd
page manuel like it was the holy Bible and it can record your second loop
with the same amount of time as your first loop and have the second loop be
"just the second loop". The edp manuel states that there is a difference
between a loop ( being a stand alone "cycle") and an overdub (cycle(s)
layered over a primary "cycle". This is, of course, according to the
manual;
I have no real experience to back this up with. You can down load the
manuel
for the edp from the Gibson site. Its a tedius read but it gets better the
more you read it.