Opinions On A Loop Sampler

Hello Everyone,

I just stumbled across the web site and news group a couple of days ago and have learned tons.  Thanks.

I want to get into looping.  I am a guitarist with 30 years of playing and am primarily looking for a box to jam with at home and maybe do some recording (I have a Roland VS1680).  I've been reading the info on the web site and I think I've narrowed my choice down to the Boomerang or the EDP.  I'm leaning toward the EDP, but my pocket book is saying Boomerang.  Some negative opinions I've read about the sound quality of the Boomerang have me hesitating, however.  I play a lot with headphones so low noise is important.

I know you've asked thousands of times, but could some of you please give me some opinions on the above?

Thanks in advance,

Terry