Re: Looper or multitrack?: (Was Looping Therapy)

>One of the biggest obstacles to the (self) therapy is that 9 times out of
>10
>I create something in the EDP that I want to record (to disk) and use as a
>foundation for a composition. And often I wish I would have recorded the
>instruments/lines on separate tracks from the start.  But now in the
>'perfection' of the moment, they're all on one mono track! Of course an
>entirely different type of music and feel results from starting on a multi
>track, and doing take after take, etc.

As you are recording into a looper, however, whether it be an EDP, JamMan,
whatever.  Isn't there a point where you press the 'overdub' button?

Couldn't you stop at that point, record the loop onto the computer, then
copy the time length into the next loop and listen to the previous track on
the computer while composing your new overdub on the next loop?

just a thought...

rich