Re: Is it possible to sync Vortex to EDP?

Matthias Grob wrote:

> >You're right as there is no beat sync sent while in sync:in it sadly
> >doesnt work in this mode
>
> Less bad:
> If the EDP is slave (Sync = IN), it does not generate pulses to come
> out of BeatSync or BrotherSync, but the MIDIclock coming in is sent
> out of the BrotherSync RING. So just adapt your cable using a stereo
> connector...
> I just did it and it WORKED!

ing.dipl. M. Grob

A litle drawing would help

is the brother still working normally (Stereo)

would this work the same way it does now but in all sync modes ???

> >what it does :
> >
> >the plex emulates a vortex tap tempo push at _cycle_ boundaries
> >when you multiply the cycle is not changed
> >when you end multiply with quantized/record the plex makes one unified
> >cycle of the multiples:
> >a multiplied vortex delay time (check vortex man for delay time limits
> >handling)
>
> Oh, thanks, good trick! Quantized MULTIPLY-RECORD = unify multiples.
> Mainly interesting for a base built on "granular" short SUS Record...
> Kims speciality...
the granular Kim
<G>

> >when you end multiply with unQ/record the plex makes one cycle off the
> >just determined time:
> >a new vortex delay time
>
> You say this for Sync = OUT, right?
> Because with the Sync = IN situation above, you can do any multiply
> or whatever function and BrotherSync will just continue to translate
> the incoming MIDIclock.
>
> >now when you play some music thru this it depends on ....the music
>
> ...which depends on... ?

pfüüüü...

> >Mathias's mod
> >
> http://www.annihilist.com/loop/LDarchive/200005/msg00000.html
>
> I was not aware of this link... can we somehow change the value of
> the cap to 2.2 and add this with the Sync direction explanation?

Its a link to the mailing list archives

I guess you're hired to take all those posts, cut copy paste them
and send the result to brother Kim for the Mathias G. interesting posts
LD page.

Claude