Re: Looper or multitrack?:

>I don't tape or record  ever! Speaking of Jazzers,I have always
>quoted the wise words of the great Eric Dolphy back in the early 60s:
>"When you hear music, after it's over it's gone in the air. You can
>never capture it again." A more pure statement I have never
>heard...GOINLOOPY...STANNER

i'm gonna have to disagree with that statement in context with the thread.
if society operated on such a pure, 'be in the moment' sort of way, i am
sure we would have also figured out a way better way to experience
ephemeral phenomena.  But we don't, and we have spent alot of time, money
and technology on processes and equipment that documents sound, words,
projections, whatever.

I wish i could have been there in the studio watching Miles and Trane
blowing at the 'kind of blue' sessions, but ya know what, i wasn't even
born yet.  Does the fact that i wore the grooves off the record say
anything about what was 'CAPTURED'?  Or did it all go into the air, and the
recording means nothing?

rich