Re: computer music

----- Original Message -----
From: "rich" <rich@nuvision.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@annihilist.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: computer music

> >>  I think my only beef is the whole
> >> concept how "cool" dj culture is supposed to be when a big part of it
>is
> >> spinning records on the part of the performer, and drug-taking and
dancing
> >> on the part of the audience.
> >
> >i heartily recommend the documentary _modulations_.
>

> I saw it...Awesome film and a pretty good retort to my overgeneralized

If you liked that, be on the lookout for the film _Better Living Through
Circuitry_.  This movie is also a documentary, but focuses more on the rave
scene (the first film had more of a general focus on today's modern dance
scene).  Just try not to be offended by the one electronic musician who
says
he gave up years of jazz guitar study because he found synths, samplers,
drum
machines, etc. more exciting than a box with 6 strings. :) :) :)

Paolo

Paolo