Re: waterphones and other cool instruments

-----Original Message-----
From: Darcy Clark <darcyc@engin.umich.edu>
>Speaking of interesting instruments - has anyone heard or seen the Blue
>Man Group do their thing - I saw them in NYC
recently and they had a

I saw then maybe four years ago, they weren't looping much then, i'd better
catch them again.

>Anyway, I would be interested in hearing about other cool electric or
>acoustic instruments that are interesting sounding (and maybe suitable
>for loopy type stuff).

i've taken to laying a foundation loop with a kalimba (thumb piano),
placing
a DiMarzio acosutic pickup on its face, also occasionally howling into its
soundhole. There is a neat little place down on 4th Street that has tons of
African and Asian musical goodies where I scored same,...hmmm still haven't
tried looping my waterstick.

PedrOOrdeP