Re: another approach to looping

Hi John!

>Does anybody else here play loops rather than machine them?

I'm not quite following you here.  When you discuss "playing a loop" vs.
"machine a loop" I think you're talking about playing a kind of ostinato
pattern?

If so, I think my answer is "Yes!"  As a drummer [please don't drop the
"r" :) ]
in a former life, I've found that many soloists wanted me to "loop" behind
them.

Also, I think we have some Indian musicians here with us.  Certainly, some
of
the traditional accompaniment in classical Indian music could be termed
"playing
a loop."  And some of us (myself included) play the didjeridu.  Which is
quite
"loopy" also.

Tell us more about how you approach "playing a loop".

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com