Re: Volume Pedal Question

Well I hope you have an amp w/ effects loop-in my long(20 yrs) search for
guitar tone and its manipulation you need a stong signal to start
with-therefore the guitar should go straght to amp(pre) and then to
processors(volume pedal included) then to power amp. By having the vp first
you are not allowing a slamming signal to hit your pre-amp therefore
belittling your overall guitar signal. All of the great guitar tones that
you or I have ever heard have been dependent on the guitar pick-ups to
preamp relationship. Also this allows for the vp to  shut off any anomalies
inherent in your system. You wont hear anything until you engage your vol.
pedal.IMHO. I hope this helps...STANNER