Re: loops from instruments in a classical symphony

Big Fish Audio makes CD-ROMs in various formats. Titles include Orchestra
Gold, Orchestral Strings and Orchestral Collection.

East-West has Advanced Orchestra, Orchestra, Orchestral Colors, Scoring
Tools and one you might like called Film Collection.

>From Emu-Ensoniq there's Peter Siedlaczek's Advanced Orchestra.

Ilio/Synclaver has Synclavier Orchestral.

Sweetwater Sound offers Classical Instruments and various Power Translators
to allow you to use Roland format discs such as Brass Sections, Orchestral
Percussion, Orchestral Winds and String Sections.

I'm not sure which of these are still in production or what format you're
looking for (audio cd, cd-rom, mixed-mode, floppy, patches/samples for your
particular synth or sampler, etc.), but on the other hand, I'm sure there
are lots of others I didn't list.

Tim