RE: Warez - A Rebuttal

Below:

I think this is a misguided assumption.  Who says "it's not likely"?  Have
you scientific studies to determine "it's not likely"?  Have they made any
laws for "it's not likely"?  Personally, I will buy software that I find
useful, smart, gets the job done efficiently and quickly, is stable,
software that I know how to make it work.  I don't buy software that is
bloated, crappy, unstable or useless.  If I ever got my hands on some warez
I'm not familiar with, will I try it out?  Hell yes, I will!  If it
benefits
me, my business, my career, etc., to have technical support and the full
backing of the software company, will I buy it?  Absolutely!  Anybody who
has ever bought software knows the absolute necessity to have access to
updates, upgrades, their technical database, their telephone number, etc.,
etc.  My computer will be outdated in a couple of years.  If I have
software
I love, I'll upgrade it with my computer.

Software companies have been under the gun lately because of their fine
print anyway.  The want to be held totally unaccountable for some of their
shitty software.  If I buy bad software, I want to have the opportunity to
get my money back.  Some of these companies want to get over and not be
accountable.  I say if some of those companies get hurt by warez, well,
they
had it coming!  But, personally, I don't think they get hurt.  The more
people out there are using their software, legally or illegally, the more
likely users will buy a license in the future.