Re: Am I a fool ?

>While I have a simple "one word-two letter" answer all prepped and waiting
>to spring off of my fingers for you, it would benefit anyone in this
>position to wait a couple of more weeks for Electrix to post more
>information about the Repeater on their web site.
>
>They will be releasing more feature and spec data after the AES show.

I would agree here...I might jump on the repeater as fast as i can (tried
to put in an advance order with my locat GC, but the pro audio manager just
said "oh, well let me take your number and i'll give you a call when i hear
something...yeah right), but i'm still going to wait until i see the thing
in front of me.

This box promises to be something sweet, IMO, but don't sell your EDP's
just yet!  My experience with the Electrix products has been that they are
super fun, and repond EXTREMELY well, interface-wise.  If this box does
what they say it will, look out!  But considering their other boxes, this
is a venture into new territory.

MoFx - great interface, but it's still a tremelo, flanger, distortion and
delay with eq band-pass interface.
Warp Factory - digitally controlled vococoder
Filter Factory - Analogue filter
Filter Queen - scaled down analogue filter
EQKiller - aggressive eq band killer

Awesome products...no doubt (i sat at a Mars music this weekend with the
Korg analog modeling synth hooked up to a MoFx and a Warp factory...i
played for almost an hour...tons of fun) but all of these things have been
done before...Electrix has just packaged it better than the average bear,
IMO.

The Repeater, however...hmmm, totally new beast altogether.  Keeping my
fingers crossed.

rich