Looping At Burning Man

The Burning Man experience was about the most amazing thing that I've ever
been involved with.  Those that make judgements without experiencing it
first hand are missing out.  Burning Man does not need any of them.  There
were artists, inventers, pranksters and muscians of all kinds.  It's way
vast even to try to explain.  I felt at home...in my village and with my
tribe.  But OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh the dust!!!  I did take a jamman a line 6 DL4
some delay pedals a boomerang a vortex.  I did a set in the Cafe at night
for a whole lot of people. I looped for an hour to great reviews and
reflection from the crowd.
I didn't have any prepared material I just looped and cut loose and let
the
crowd play me.
    I also looped with some musicians in the Black Light District one
night
and had a great time.
    I rigged up a milk crate on the back of my bike and stuck my Dl4 and a
delay pedal there as well.  I had a battery powered tambora dronning along
as I rode too.  I carried a mike in my hand as I cruzed about the Playa.
put the DL4 on loop/delay and sampled and looped the citizens of Black
Rock
City making all sorts of random ambient sounds and noises much to their
delight.  To those that were interested I explained what looping was.
     Some of the gear got really dusted and I fell over once on my bike.
The battery powered tambora is tweaked a little and the amps' battery case
came loose.  When the big dust storms hit I put stuff into suitcases then
into garbage bags and locked it in the truck.(dust still gets into a
sealed
locked truck but not into the garbage bagged stuff.)
     I cleaned and dusted everything when I got back and it all works.
I'll rethink what I will take next year but I will take some stuff and I
will go for sure.  A looping village sounds great.  A big problem was
hauling the gear around the city by strapping it to a dolly and hauling it
mile and a half each way to the cafe.  That stopped me from doing more
looping demos.
     I heard one other guy in the cafe with a computer and a bunch of
looping gear try to get it going but had to many gear problems and a big
dust storm was hitting.  He was from back east somewhere.
     Any comments from the Black Rock City Loopers?  Send to
papadave55@hotmail.com

            Wildest most fun time I ever had!!!!  Om and Out
                                   Papa Dave