Re: GTR4000 Footpedals?

I'm - for now - simply trying to use a single footswitch press to turn
on/off segments of the currently running program, as well as allow me to
cycle programs easily.  The Digitech (not at home, don't know model) MIDI
controller foot pedal I bought for $100 doesn't work properly.  I need to
step on the switches TWICE to get the GTR4000 to recognize that I did
anything.. VERY annoying.

I called Eventide about it, REAL nice guys there, and they said the
footpedal I have now is not correctly sending note on/note off messages, it
instead toggles note on/note off per stomp which causes the trouble.  Of
course, this was months ago and I forget the hardware they suggested in the
fog of time.

I don't (yet) have the looping module for it.. I was contemplating this,
but
having already spent $2k on the unit, and $500 in upgrades for it I'm
rather
a bit hesitant to put another $1000 into it for looping if I could sell
this
one and upgrade to the Orville for nearly the same price tag.  (The
Eventide
site doesn't list a price so I'm guessing $4k.).

Any help is generously accepted.

Ken