Burning Loopy Idea

Three people at my work place just came back from the Burning Man
festival and I am now infected with the dust from Black Rock.  This
means that I must go to next year's Man - and bring an exhibit. So, I am
thinking up a delightful looping thing.  What I had in mind will require
at least three loopers, more if I can afford it.

Since I do not want to risk taking my beloved EDP to the 120 degree
stinking desert I am looking for cheaper substitutes, preferably
something that could run off batteries.

All I need is 10 to 28 seconds delay with overdub and feedback level
control.  I do not need undo, multiply, or insert.  My DL/6 almost works
for this but it does not have the feedback control.

Is there anything that fits this description?  I've looked at the
Headrush and it seems to be a likely choice.  Any other suggestions?

My idea is to have 7 or 8 bells (made from old oxygen canisters) tuned
to a Just scale of some sort.  These are then miked and fed to
individual loops, maybe two or three per loop, depending on $$.  The
loops are mixed to one signal which is split: one going to minimal
stereo effects and amp, the other to a Sustainiac Model B which is fed
back to each bell with a physically attached transducer.  My hope is
that a few whacks with a rubber mallet will regenerate into a beautiful
undulating harmonic soundscape, bring peace to the world, and cure
cancer.  Well, at least make a cool noise!  I've got access to two bells
now and hope to test out the concept with my EDP soon.

Anyone here with suggestions?  I live in Oakland, California, if there
is anyone in the Bay Area who is interested in collaborating I'd love to
hear from you.

-Allan