Learning To Use Your New Box

Hi Loop People!
Just finished Italo's paen to Orville, and some thoughts are starting to
form.  I have struggled with integrating technology into my live
performances for quite a while, and I can appreciate what he says about
unreliable stuff--let's face it, it only has to fail once in front of an
audience to be untrustworthy.  I think that there is a way to go on from
equipment failure, however, altho it pays to have redundant systems in
place
for just such an occasion.
The complexity which is part of having tremendous control can make being
graceful under fire much more difficult.  It's nice to have an interface
that you don't have to think too much about since the brain get confused.
It's all about control.
Perhaps we can agree that great music can be achieved with outdated tools
if
the vision is intact and the control is in place.  I believe that my
performance past is littered with huge amounts of time programming and
learning to use tools which were subsequently discarded in favor of the
latest technology.
So what's my point?  Before you buy that new box, make sure of what your
needs are and that the requirements of the new item won't distract you from
your ultimate goal of getting chicks (uh, I mean expressing yourself).  I
just wonder if the Orville is easier to program than it sounds.  I also
wonder about Kyma.  The Echoplex may have  hidden functions of which I am
not aware yet, but its appearance is very straightforward and it took very
little time to get comfortable with the interface.
Perhaps my point is that I am waiting for the arrival of a doubleneck Starr
Labs controller ( http://www.starrlabs.com/specials.html ) with which to
control the EDP.  Has anyone had any success triggering and controlling
loops from such an instrument?
And I am curious--Italo, any recordings of you and the Orville available
online?
Gary