Re: Guitar Signal Question - A Bit OT

It's just a matter of achieving something called "unity gain" which means
keeping the level the same throughout the path.  You don't need any
boosting
device.   Get that mic pre out of there!  All you need to do is make sure
all
your input and output levels are where they should be.  It's just a matter
of
trial and error, checking one device at a time. Some experimentation and
patience should do the trick.

Mark