Re: Noises through pickups

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Martin" <coirbidh_99@yahoo.com>
To: <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2000 12:21 PM
Subject: Noises through pickups

> I've heard in divers places about adding sonic
> material to loops by playing various things through
> the pickups of a guitar - vibrators, cordless drills,
> etc.  My particular interest is in using cassette
> players; I know that Torn sensei does some of this,
> and I think others on the list have mentioned it.
> Anyone care to share experiences, techniques, caveats
> in this area?
>
> Scott Martin
> coirbidh_99@yahoo.com

When I saw BLUE a while back, during a particularly intense piece, Torn
used
a little tape recorder and played what sounded like an Islamic muezzin's
call into his pickup.  I don't remember but he may have fed that into a
loop.  Way cool.

I was making noise with some other people in a rehearsal space recently,
and
I found a funny little plastic toy guitar sitting around.  When you pushed
the fretboard, it played a little shred solo through a tiny speaker.  At
one
point, I picked it up and played it into the pickup on my bass.  It got a
good laugh out of everyone.

Peter