Re: sp-808 looping

At 11:15 AM -0700 10/12/00, Ryan D. Supak wrote:
>i got the new sp-808 operating system and installed it a few months
>back.
>
>i just realised the sp-808 with the newest OS meets "true looper"
>criteria, in that you can add audio to a loop without stopping playback.
>
>(for anyone who owns one and cares, combine pad-to-track mode with the
>synth preset called "sound on sound".  put fx patch in "send/return"
>mode.)
>
>it looks to have quite a few subtle intricacies to it, but i really
>haven't had a chance to plod through it all yet because of midterms and
>too many office hours. 8<

Hi Ryan-

that's interesting news! do you have any more details, like a manual to go
with the new OS or something? I'd like to put that information on the
SP-808 page on the LD website. (and I guess I'll have to move it up to the
"true looper" category. :-)

that could make the sp-808 a very interesting device, given it has 8
looping tracks, timestretch/pitchchange, filters, effects, zip drive, and
that nifty d-beam thing.

give us a review of how well it works in real use when you get some more
time.

kim