Re: Automated Patch Bays - Question

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alex Stahl" <alex@pixar.com>
> The Yamaha DME32 is a very interesting alternative. ...

Yes, it is extremely interesting.  Kind of reminds me of the Richmond
AudioBox.  I haven't looked at this product before.  Thanks for the tip!

> Having said all that, it is still true that the old analog rack felt
> more like an "instrument" whereas the Yamaha-based rig feels more
> like a "studio". Since one of my main goals is to erase the
> distinction anyway, I am not sure exactly what I mean by that, but it
> may have something to do with *too much* real-time control.

Can you describe this more?  I'm trying to relate this to my experience, as
I've never used a digital board before.  Sometimes when I'm
tweaking/frobbing knobs on my analog mixer, I feel like I'm flying it,
piloting the rig.  I think it's that immediate feedback thing.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com