Re: OT Guitar processor

<< Oh, sorry, I guess I misunderstood your original message.  A few others
on LD have suggested the Boss (Roland) GT-5.  I have both the GT-5 and
GT-3 for my Chapman Stick.  The GT-3 is nearly identical to the GT-5
except smaller (four foot pedals instead of five) and less expensive.
Anything the 5 can do the 3 can do as wel >>

Paul wrote
> THIS IS GOOD TO KNOW.  I'm leaning toward one of these for ease of stage
>use.
 I do hope GIANT gets involved w/ mp3. Might be a good thing for them.
I'm
tring to encourage Gary to talk to Kerry in London and sounds like a go.

Hi Paul...

The one thing that bothers me about the GT-3 is that the fx loop is
dedicated as a distortion box insert point and you can't use the loop AND
the distortion (you CAN use the amp sims). This may or may not be
important depending on your needs. I wish it had TWO serial fx loops and
another stereo serial/parallel/mixable one. If it had that I'd be a happy
camper.

The second thing is that I like the internal power supply on the GT-5 as
well... one less wall wart...

I've heard great things about the "splicer" function and some other
features as well... In the end you probably find a way to solve all of
these things given enough time.

Finally... OB-Loop-Item... The GT-5 has a hold function on the delay
module which actually spills over to other patches if each patch has the
same fx order AND the delay is timed exactly the same. (Either tap tempo
wise or milliseconds). Allowing for delay/hold style looping and flexible
patch changing. Sometimes you get some popping when going to patches with
radically differing volumes. Maybe the GT-3 does this as well?

Best,
-Miko