Re: OT rant from hell (was: AirFX)

>so, the question is:  how do you reconcile being a technology junkie
>that's having this nagging feeling in your gut that something is VERY
>wrong?

>more hyper-sports, more adrenaline, more SUV's, more, more, more.

You forgot the key part in my mind: more selection!  I think you've hit on
the first part of the solution - "ignore the hype."  In my opinion, the
second part of the solution is "keep it real."  Think about what you NEED
and what you WANT.  Pray for the things you want and work for the things
you
need.

All of this more more more is great!  Somewhere along the way, those
thousand monkeys are going to randomly create the product with exactly the
features I need.  The more products are created, the better chance we'll
get
the ones we need.  We have the wonderfully fun task of cutting through the
hype to weed out the crap that masquerades as what we really need!
bye-
jon