EDP playback volume decreasing bug

Sorry list, may I bother you with a suspected hardware problem?

This does not seem to be covered by the FAQ as my EDP is only 1 1/2 yrs
old  (loop v5.0, RAM maxed)
I recently received a hint that it might be a known issue anyway.

So is anyone on the list able to pass me helpful information?

It would be extremely costy to ship the device abroad for service (me
living in Germany) and slight hardware modifications should not be a
major problem to do for me.

Problem description:
what I experience is that with the feedback control set to full
(meanwhile I hardware bypassed it which didn`t help) the playback volume
of intended infinite loops eventually decreases. The amount of the
decrease is in the order of 50 per cent within 1 or 2 minutes. I found
no way to "safely" reproduce the effect. Sometimes it occurs, and
sometimes not.

Manfred